Red Sage Publishing
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Auld Lang Syne and Bon Voyage

by RozLee

It seems like Y2K was just the other day. We approached Dec. 31, 1999 with trepidation. The uncertainty of what would happen when the clock struck midnight was enough to keep us all awake, even if our chosen method of celebration was watching the festivities from the comfort of our living room. Nothing much came to pass – to the disappointment of all the news outlets that hyped the mystery, fueled the concerns and were poised to cover it all. Like fireworks in the rain, the New Year, and the new Millennium, came in with a fizzle rather than a bang.

That was a decade ago. Yes, a DECADE ago! Tonight we bid adieu to the first ten years of the Twenty-first Century. It seems like no time at all has passed, but looking back, much has transpired. Our world has changed in ways we could not have foreseen. The world has gone to war against terrorism, economic setbacks have affected us all, and technological advances have brought us news and entertainment faster than the blink of an eye. We’ve weathered hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. And… I got a decade older.

I know you’re a decade older too, but today, New Year’s Eve, is my birthday. When I was a kid, it was a non-day. We didn’t have much, so Christmas presents were birthday presents too. Birthday parties were, and still are impossible. Try sending out invitations to a party on New Year’s Eve and see what you get. Parties are everywhere, and birthdays take a back seat to the real excitement – the promise of a new year. Try going out to dinner. All the good restaurants require reservations weeks in advance, and insist you hang around to celebrate at midnight, whether you want to or not. How about those free dinner on your birthday, offers? Not on mine!

I’m not complaining. I learned my lesson years ago and simply moved my birthday to Jan. 4th. Nothing ever happens on Jan. 4th. This year I’m making an exception. I’m breaking out the Champagne and chocolate and partying until my feet fall off. For once I don’t care that tomorrow I’ll have to program a different age into the elliptical’s onboard computer. I’ll be watching the clock, counting the hours, minutes, and seconds with as much enthusiasm as Dick Clark, because on January 1, 2011, my first book The Lust Boat, becomes available from Red Sage Publishing.

So, as I toss the last decade into the recycle bin with the holiday wrappings and ribbons, I’m looking forward to a new year, a new decade, and a new career. Join me as I sing a chorus of Auld Lang Syne for 2010, pop the champagne cork to another year of waking up on this side of the grass, and drink a Bon Voyage toast to The Lust Boat and my new career.

For each of you, I wish a decade of promise and prosperity, and remind you that in the midst of chaos, dreams can come true.

This is your last opportunity to leave a comment and be entered into the drawing for the fabulous prize package (including a copy of The Lust Boat) being offered by the most wonderful, beautiful, talented, sexy, brilliant authors on the planet! The drawing is tomorrow, so leave that comment before you go out to give the decade the send off it deserves.

You can find Roz Lee at her website – www.rozlee.net

Book Trailer – The Lust Boat – book trailer

THE LUST BOAT – Blurb

When her fiancé called off the wedding and told her he’d had better sex with a blow up doll, Candace traded in her honeymoon cruise for a week on the Lothario, the most notorious ship to ever sail the high seas. Little does she know that Ryan, the sexy passenger who offered to be her escort as she samples all the ship has to offer, is really Ryan Callahan, the ship’s playboy owner.

Ryan Callahan is single, rich, and considered quite the catch. Two years ago he and his business partner launched the Lothario, a floating den of iniquity where passengers can indulge their every sexual fantasy, but since the ship docked following its maiden cruise, Ryan has been so scarce he’s earned the nickname, Monk, until sweet, naïve Candace coaxes him out of his tower, heats his blood, and steals his heart. But will she still want him when she finds out who he really is?

No related posts.

22 comments

Maree Anderson December 31, 2010 at 2:45 am

Happy Birthday, Roz! And I hope the New Year brings you much happiness and loads of hugs from people you love.

Anne December 31, 2010 at 3:38 am

Congratulations on your first published book!

As a Jan. birthday girl myself, I can relate. My decorations were always the Christmas decorations even though my bday is on the 20th. We had almost three weeks between and were ready for another big meal…well…., in my family we’re always ready for a big meal and a nice dessert.

I was thinking about the 1999/2000 New Year recently and laughing about how absurb the tv news about what to expect. I admit I did stock up on food and some bottled water and topped off my gas tank just in case.

Have a great New Year!

Eden Elgabri December 31, 2010 at 5:39 am

Congrats on The Lust Boat! What a perfect date to launch a new career. Talk about a perfect birthday present.

Fedora December 31, 2010 at 6:09 am

Roz, have an absolutely wonderful birthday, and happy release day!! Wishing you a joyful year to come, with many blessed surprises along the way!

Sheila December 31, 2010 at 11:41 am

Happy Birthday, Roz! Congratulations on The Lust Boat! It sounds great. Don’t plan on doing much tonight. I’ll be watching Dick Clark with you if I can stay up. Happy New Year everyone!

Kathy Bennett December 31, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Happy Birthday AND Happy Book Launch!

Just think, in ten years you’ll be celebrating book sale #zillion – but celebrating with the excitement ‘like it’s 2011′.

Can’t wait to read The Lust Boat!

Diane Pruitt December 31, 2010 at 5:03 pm

The anticipation is killing me….thank goodness the long-awaited time has come! Your first book! What a dream-come-true! I am so very proud for you! 2011…..BRING IT ON!!

Melinda B. Pierce December 31, 2010 at 5:07 pm

I saw your post over at Savvy Authors – glad you pointed us over here! Congrats on your release and The Lust Boat sounds quite original :-)

Melinda

Marian December 31, 2010 at 5:17 pm

You’re right Roz, my husband and I were just talking about the turn of the century and could not believe it was ten years ago. Happy New Year and I look forward to reading your book.
Marian

Maureen December 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Happy Birthday! I have my e-reader charging so I can be one of the first to download your book. I’m so happy for you and know that 2011 will be a great year for you!

Mic December 31, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Happy Birthday to you, Roz!
Health and Happiness to all in 2011!

Daisy Mae Raton December 31, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Dear Ms. Lee,

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on the release of one of many amazing books! Every journey begins with one step and you’ve just taken your first as a sucessful (not unexpected) Novelist. I wish you much success, prosperty, peace good health and love in the coming year!

Missy December 31, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Have a great birthday!! Congrats on the release, and here is to many more during 2011!!!! Have a great night!!!

Karen Long December 31, 2010 at 8:08 pm

YIPPEE!!! For New Year’s, birthdays, new books, new careers…..
we can overlook that additional age thing, can’t we???

Jennifer P. December 31, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Happy Happy Birthday and congrats on the Lust Boat. I cannot wait to read it.
Oh yes, Happy New Year, too!

Rachel G December 31, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Happy Birthday! And hope your book sells well

Estella December 31, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Happy Birthday and congrats on the release of your book!

Happy anew Year, too.

Haven Raines December 31, 2010 at 10:04 pm

How wonderful – a birthday and your first book. The title is catchy, should sell well. Many happy returns and have a wonderful 2011.

Emily A. December 31, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Roz,

Happy Birthday!! Congratulations on the release on The Lust Boat. I know it’s going to do great in sells and I can’t wait to read it.

Especially seeing that I’ve gotten to read a few ruff draft chapters .

Your fellow erotic wirter.

Happy New Years!

Roz Lee December 31, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Thanks everyone! Wishing all of you a prosperous New Year!
Roz Lee

Carly Carson January 1, 2011 at 12:39 am

Well I’m late. Been away.

But Happy Birthday, Roz! I have a nephew with the same birthday and he was actually born on Dec. 31, 1999 at 11:30 pm. I said to my SIL, you could have waited (HA) another 30 minutes and had the first millenium baby and she said, I just wanted him outta there!

The Lust Boat is a great title and sounds like a fun book.

Ilona January 1, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your book. Loved the title of it and the blurb made me add it to my wish lsit :D